About Tonya Moore
I am a licensed marriage and family therapist in the state of Illinois and Indiana. Since 2013, I have specialized in relationship dynamics and dysfunctions treating adult individuals and couples, mental and emotional disturbances, trauma, and abuse rooted in poor or unhealthy relationships. I want to help you develop a healthy self and teach you how to balance feelings and thoughts; and intimacy and autonomy in your relationships.
My goal in therapy is to walk alongside you. Whether you are suffering from anxiety or depression, dealing with a dysfunctional relationship, exhibiting negative interaction patterns, suffering from inter-generational family trauma, or traumatic stress experienced in a current or past relationship, I help you manage and improve your quality of life.
I use a holistic and integrative approach that focuses on body, mind, and spirit utilizing evidence-based treatments. I firmly believe that the therapeutic relationship is key to the healing process. Therefore, I welcome a safe, comfortable, competent, and trusted environment throughout our time together.
In addition to providing psychotherapy, I offer marriage enrichment workshops and pre-marital preparation to pre-engaged, engaged, or married (three years or less) couples as weekly sessions or weekend group intensives.
*If you are searching for a therapist with a Christian perspective, I received specialized training in integrating biblical-based Christian principles with psychological principles to offer Christian counseling upon your request.
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapist-Clinical Fellow
Licensure and Credentials
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (State of Illinois and Indiana)
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional-CCTP
- Certified PREPARE/ENRICH Facilitator
- Trained Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) Facilitator
- Approved Gottman Educator/Facilitator
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology